Saturday, January 30, 2010

More bedrest.


I have been on bed rest for a while, and I think I have been doing a pretty good job of staying in bed and not doing anything. The reason I have been on bed rest, is that this nice doctor that is in charge of the babies while in utero, doesn’t like what my cervix has been doing the last month. I can say that I warned them for months that this was going to happen and to be prepared to be stunned, I also kept asking for the medicine that I knew could slow to progress. Well they didn’t get what I was saying and they were stunned. The problem is that in the past month my cervix has been shortening or effacing, form 24 weeks to 28 weeks I went from 3.5cm (like 20 something % effaced) to 1.2cm (80 something % effaced). Because of that, I am now in the hospital just in case. They don’t like that I am doing this a month earlier than I did with my boys. They are also concerned that with the extra baby and stuff (I am measuring 37 weeks singleton) I might progress further. Some other factors that are against me are, this is my third pregnancy, I live far away, and I am only 28 weeks. Because of this, they don’t feel that is in the babies’ best interest for me to be at home right now.
So for now, I get to get my meals brought to me in bed at the local Hospital Hotel! I think Tyson, Branson and Jeanette are at this moment celebrating that they don’t have to take care of me anymore!
Some of the memorable moments of the day are when the Perinatologist told me “You are the bane of my existence!” She and another doctor she works with are the only two people that get grants from the government to study the cervix, and my cervix is beyond her understanding. She asked me and my mom to be scanned for her study.  

11 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

So your stuck in the hospital until the babies come?! I am so sorry, I wish there was something more helpful or useful to say. I won't even be cliche and say it will all be worth it! Best of luck to you, cook those babies as long as you can and I'm sure God will make them extra cute so when you see them you might forget how long you had to lay in bed!

Jessica said...

Oh, gee. Bed rest is bad enough, but hospital bed rest just tops it. I hate hospitals enough that having to be in one for an extended period really stinks. It was hard to sleep in there when Emily spent 3 weeks there in October. Praying that you and your little girls will be okay and your labor will not progress at all until it is time to have them!

Munford Family said...

I hope it wont be that long. She first said a month, then when she saw my face she said that we would see what happens this week. I hope I can go home to my own bed, but if I change to much again it might not happen.
Wow Jessica that would be hard (knock on wood!) Ya, the hospital is peachy!

Beau and Rach said...

I'm sad you're in there having no fun. And I miss you too. But it's better to be there just to be safe. Don't rush coming home. Much better to be at the hospital with the babies in you than there with the babies born and having to leave them all the time. Love you! Twins are worth it all!

Marti McDAniel said...

Wow Jolene! I can't believe it! I hope you are doing OK. Are you up for visitors or you want visitors I guess? Let me know if you need anything!

Munford Family said...

Sure Marti!
I'm not looking so pretty, but you have seen me that way! Come on over!

Autumn said...

Crazy stuff Jolene! Enjoy all your free time to yourself though while it lasts that is. ;)

Amanda said...

Man Jolene that bites. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you or your family.

Natalie Resch said...

And I thought six weeks bed rest at home was terrible! I can only imagine what you're going through!!! Best of luck to you and the babies!

Marti McDAniel said...

Ok! Where are you at?

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Awwwwwwwww Jolene!!!!!! Stuck in bed in a HOSPITAL is way worse than bed rest! You must be going out of your mind!!! Good luck, my prayers are with you, and keep those sweet babies baking a lil' longer!