Sunday, January 24, 2010

Christmas


Christmas Eve Tyson's Family came over in the afternoon and hung out all day. We had a nice dinner and a bunch of treats! It was nice to get together and just take it easy. I hope we can do the same thing next year, only maybe start earlier.


 
Christmas morning we slept in, I think this was the first time we haven't  had to wake the boys up! They got a few toys, a sled, blankets Tyson and I made them and some much needed clothes!
Tyson suprized me with the rest of our central vac and he also got me a bed set. I was a slacker this year and didn't get Tyson anything special. He had just bought a TV so I figured that was good with some pants and some softwere he ordered. I also gave him a silverware set...he wasn't amused!

After our house we went down to Dad and Laurie's. They had a wonderful breakfast and all the kids got to open new toys for grandmas house! Tyson just made the boys some beds, so Grandma and Grandpa  are getting us a mattress for one of them!  The boys have slept in the same twin bed forever! Laurie also went all out and had a bunch of little girl matching outfits! It is so strange to see pink and purple baby clothes!  


 
At the end of the day we went to Mom and Jim's for a wonderful dinner and opened more gifts. Grandma and Grandpa Lindshiled and Grandma and Grandpa Smutz send their gifts to moms, so the boys are even more spoiled there! Mom went all out again and caught me by surprise a few times! Rachel and I got new serger's! I think Mom was done with us using hers all the time!
We were very spoiled this year, but the thing I love most about Christmas is spending time with family and remembering the true meaning of Christmas.

2009 was a long year of both blessings and trials. Some I have shared and some were to personal to share.
I thank our Father in Heaven for all he has given us this year, because even with the trials, I have had the blessing of feeling my Savior beside me, stronger than I ever have before.
My mom wrote a paper in college about her exspereance when my sister had childhood cancer. Something she said at the end of the paper has been in the front of my mind all year. She said something along the lines of  " There are moment in life when time stops and nothing of the world matters anymore" I can say I have had those moments this year.
I am so grateful to my Savior that has carried me and comforted me and my loved ones this year. I hope I will remember and feel his peace this coming year

2 comments:

Beau and Rach said...

amen. 2009 was hard but had it's great moments. 2010 is going to be AWESOME! :)

Amanda said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas! It seems like you have a lot of wonderful family.