Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Babies!




About the end of August we found out we were pregnant! I was sick right away, I thought it had to do with all the work I was doing on the house.  We didn’t want to tell anyone for a while,  because we have always told everyone so early and it makes things drag on and on.  At 5 ½ weeks I started feeling a lot of pain and was worried I had an infection or something .  I went to the doctor and they told me I was fine, but they were concerned that  I could possibly have an ectopic pregnancy because I had the pain in the right spot and I was in the time frame to start feeling pain.  I called my mom sobbing and asked her to take my kids  so I could go to the hospital, she wanted to know what was wrong and I told her I was pregnant and it might be ectopic. Poor mom,  sorry for telling you that way! I went to the hospital and the Tec, that looked like a 12 year old boy,  did the ultrasound.  I couldn’t see the screen  but told him that twins run in the family so he might want to look all over. He had these bug eyes and said “ I don’t see anything in you tubes but I do see two sacs!” He was so happy to have found them, and proceeded to let all the other ultrasound people come see what he found!  I think all of them were surprised by how calm I was,  I think I already knew there were two.  I think I might blame it on Rachel and Dad, they have defiantly proven we can have twins in our family!  Later they found out that I had fluid stuck in my tubes and the pressure form that is what caused the pain. It eventually went away and I was so grateful!
I went back to moms and because the hospital wouldn’t let me have any pictures  (policy that early?) I made a card for Tyson with two little stick figures in bubbles  and under  the bubbles it said “Hi Daddy!” I showed  it to mom and all she said was “Are you kidding me!”.  Tyson finally came home and I gave him the card, it was so funny!  He gave me his blank confused look, than it hit him and all he could do was  laugh and say “Are you serious?!!!”  over and over again!
At 16 weeks we had hoped to find out what they were at the doctor’s office, because they had told us to expect an ultrasound at every visit. Tyson came with me and that was the  first and only time I didn’t have an ultrasound done.  We decided to go have an ultrasound done at the mall in Sandy with mom and Rachel. I was so glad we did, we had the most wonderful  girl from the Ukraine do our ultrasound. Later I was looking at the paper that said what her credentials were, and I guess she has a doctors license in the Ukraine.  I was very impressed, I still think that was the best ultrasound I have ever had!  We had all the little boys with us and she knew we were wondering if there were any girls coming! Isaac was in the back  of the room saying “Beau there are going to be two girls and I’m going to name them Lilly and Grace!” (his friends that are twins names!) Isaac had been saying this from the day we found out that we were having twins, and no one could make him think otherwise!  The girl put the wand on my stomach and right away said “Baby B is a girl!” I had always thought that if one of them was a girl it was going to be Baby B. After looking over the baby and taking measurements, she moved on to Baby A. Right away I knew what it was, and I just watched Tyson’s face. She started with the measurements  first on Baby A and every once in a while you could see that area. The first time Tyson looked confused; the next time his jaw dropped a little and he looked confused; the last time his jaw was on the floor, he was slightly out of his chair and he looked really confused,  than she said “It’s a girl!”. I was laughing so hard at the face Tyson was making,  I have never seen him that surprised!  The whole time Isaac kept saying “I told you they are girls!” I think I took a few days for Tyson to overcome the shock of both of them being girls. Then one day when he was going to work he ran back into the house and grabbed the pictures saying “I want to show everyone at work my baby girls!” I was shocked! He has been so excited, I can’t wait to see him with his girls!

10 comments:

Mandie said...

I'm so excited that you are having twin girls! That is amazing, and I love Tyson's reaction. Too Funny! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Jason & Kelli West said...

Jolene, I am so glad I met you. You are so nice, and I am so excited for you. I love that twins run in your family!! At least when you get asked that question you can easily say yes. I hope you had a great Christmas, and I hope you are feeling well. oh I saw that you know Aubrey and Cody Hansen. Aubrey and I were friends in High school. What a small world!!
Take it easy....

Autumn said...

How sweet! I'm so excited for you too. You have to come up with 2 names!

Amanda said...

Oh Jolene that is so exciting! Babies always bring a lot of joy but there is something extra special and joyful about two babies at once!! (Two girls no less!) I can't wait to meet them!

Jessica said...

That is so awesome! Thanks for updating with pictures. I love that you and Rachel will have twins. And twin girls are just too precious and cute to think of dressing in matching outfits. So exciting!

Brandon and Dusty said...

I can't believe you are having twin girls!! That is so exciting! I hope that you are doing well!

Beau and Rach said...

Tyson was SO funny!

Natalie Resch said...

That is so exciting! Congrats!!!

Kimberly said...

Wow!! Congratulations Jolene! That is some really exciting news! I haven't looked at your blog in while and it was fun to catch up and see what you are up too! I hope the prego is going good!!

Take Care,

Kimberly Dutson

Munford Family said...

Thanks Everyone! Their names are going to be Alayna Kathleen and Olivia Jolene unless something happens to make us not want those names!
Kim, how are you! I haven't seen your blog forever, I don't think I can get on!