Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hunting Season



We were blessed this hunting season, Tyson got a nice deer and elk.
The pictures of the deer were after the deer hunt, they were beautiful. Isaac and Riley were so excited to be hunting. When we saw the deer they would jump up and down and shout "there's the deer get them!!" I don't know how I feel about this, I hope my child doesn't have to go to counseling later in life! I do respect the lessons Tyson learned growing up around hunting and guns, I hope my son's will learn the same lessons!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I have never had deer meat. It sounds tasty though. There is a lot of testosterone in your house I am sure and hunting season proves it. ;) Sounds like a fun memory for them though to have with their family.

Jessica said...

HAHA, I hardly noticed we have the same background! LOL!

Mark and Bethany said...

I love it! My husband goes bow hunting every year and takes the boys, the three older ones anyway. They all love it! I am an indoors girl myself so I don't join them, but I think going this young is great for kids. It certainly teaches them gun safety, which is my big thing! Too bad I hate deer meat! Just more for the boys!!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Okay, did you get like 9,000 deer in those mountains!? We have driven home through that canyon 3 times in 2 weeks and all times, the mountains are TEEMING with deer! EVERYWHERE! Running along side the car, crossing in front of us, they're SO dumb! Kill a big one for me because if you don't he'll probably get stuck to my hood sooner or later. :)