Friday, July 25, 2008

California Day 3

On day three, we went deep sea fishing, I could not sleep the night before in anticipation. We woke up and had to be there by 6:00 for the half day trip. We were late, but it was okay because there was such a long line and they were behind. I think they said there were 70 people on our boat. We didn’t have any Dramamine but luckily the dock had some. I gave Tyson one of my doses thinking I would be okay on one dose, but I ended up getting nauseous at the end of the trip. I won’t do that again!

The not so fun part is going out to sea, it can take a long time. This is Mom, Jim, Caitlyn (nice face!) and Heather (showing a good way to get sea sick!) sitting in the gally as we go out to sea.
I love deep sea fishing! I have gone a few times and I have been pretty lucky so far. This time I caught nine fish and had to throw back three. I don’t think the rest of my family was amused, I think the most anyone else caught was three. I told Tyson he should take me to Alaska with him for good luck, but he didn’t think that was funny! We used live anchovies for bait, I would put them on my line and sink them to the bottom of the sea and let them swim around; that is my secret!
This is us on the log ride back to the dock. Don’t we look nice?! I didn’t feel so good. I am disappointed we didn’t get pictures with the fish, I will have to steal some from mom.
I took a picture of the San Diego Temple on the way back. We wanted to go but it was closed for cleaning at the time.
I also need to thank Jeanette again for staying the night and watching my kids so we could go fishing. She is the best, and my kids had so much fun! Thank you Jeanette!!!!

No comments: