Saturday, March 20, 2010

35!

I am 35 weeks! Well 35 weeks to me, if you ask the Perinatologist (Helen) would tell you I won’t be 35 till Tuesday. I go off my first ultrasound and those three days make all the difference to me!
I always wanted to make it to 34 weeks or 36, and I’m so excited I made it that far! I do have to say my mom and Helen are right behind me on being excited! Helen has told me she is so happy she has kept me pregnant this long, she thinks I should now go to 38 weeks, now that is a little mean!
Today we went to find out how much they weigh! Baby A is 6lbs 6oz they think, her head is so low it is really hard to get the right measurements, she could be bigger! Baby B is 6lb 5 oz and she looks bigger than A, but the measurements looked a little goofy so they said she could be bigger as well! I went off the medicine today that I have been taking forever and I am happy to be off it, it has a lot of side effects I am happy to be done with!
So now we are just waiting to see what my body does, I have noticed over the past week that I don’t feel as much pressure as I usually do( so nice!). I think they have gotten so big they aren’t resting on my cervix anymore and are just wedged in there really tight! Also baby A has her face sunny side up so I will be curious to see if she turns (anyone out there have this happen?) I did find out that my OB will be out of town all next week (family emergency) so Tyson wants we to have them by Monday!
I get asked if I am ready to have them, I am, but I’m not. I am so big, its hard on my body, I can’t breathe, I have stretch marks on top of stretch marks, I get really dizzy and see wonderful spots, but I want them to be ready to come out. It was good to see my sister have her babies last year because it inspires me to keep them in longer. One baby is hard, but two babies with complications and two boys’ is harder! Am I ready? I don’t know, ask me after I’m in more pain and have more stretch marks! 
Rachel's babies, Fritz and Finn after they had been in the Hospital for a few weeks. They were born at 34 1/2 weeks. 

4 comments:

Margot said...

I'm so impressed you've made it this far!

The Vincent's said...

Good Job!! I can't wait to meet these little dolls:)

Camilla Marie Dinkins said...

Yay! I am so excited! I can't wait to see the babies! Keep me posted on what happens,and let me know if you need anything!

Jason & Kelli West said...

I am so happy to hear that you have made it this far. I went at 36 weeks and one of my boys went to the nicu for only an hour! I hope you have them with no compilcations, and that they arrive healthy! Good luck, can't wait to see pictures of them.