Monday, October 27, 2008

Scriptures

I don't think I have ever been a great scripture reader. I read them before I got married, in seminary and on my own, but I don't think I ever fully understood how wonderful they are.
I loved reading scriptures after Tyson and I married , but I had a hard time remembering to read them everyday.
A little while ago I started reading D&C and wanted to make sure I was reading them more often. I found scriptures online at scriptures.lds.org. It is wonderful! It has all the cross references highlighted, so when you click on it you see everything at once! I put the link up on my toolbar, when you do that it puts a wonderful picture of Christ next to it, to remind you to read everyday!
Now in the morning I can get lost in the scriptures before the kids wake up, or if I don't get to it, I have a reminder looking at me when I get online.
I finished reading D&C and was amazed how much looking at the cross references enhanced my reading. I am so grateful for this new tool, even though I might not be perfect at reading all the time, it has helped me a lot to find time for my spiritual well being.
I hope if someone else out there wants to find a way to get lost in the scriptures more, this will be of help to you!

2 comments:

Palmers said...

wow, great tip Jolene! I'm going to try it

Jessica said...

Your boys are adorable! Your family pictures are cute. What a happy family. Glad to have caught up with you!