Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thanks to American Idol.....That Song is Back.

I was at a wedding this weekend and I had to introduce myself to quite a few people. More than one asked if I had seen American Idol that week…I didn’t.
Well than, my sister tells me that Dolly Parton was on American Idol, and Brook White had sung the Jolene song……dang it. I’m not a big fan because of the strange people that would walk up to me, starting at the age of five, and start singing about me steeling men.
I went on You Tube and found the song, and I thought she did a good job....

Good thing the description of the Jolene in the song doesn’t fit me!!!


I wanted to find Dolly Parton singing “Jolene” and I found this video. I think it helped me gain respect for the song!!



If anyone tried to steal my man, I would beat the tar out of them too….even if my name is Jolene!!!!

P.S. I was not named after the "Jolene" song!!

1 comment:

Mel said...

You are so funny. I have always loved that song. Now every time I hear it I will think of you!!!